Lice Clinics of America® – Northern Virginia Lice Clinics Reports Local Lice Infestations
Lice Clinics of America – Northern Virginia Lice Clinics reported that their clinics have seen a higher number of cases of lice infestations in multiple neighborhoods in Northern Virginia Lice Clinics.
“If you have school-age children where lice infestations have been reported, it’s important to take some immediate steps to either prevent your children from getting head lice, or to properly treat and kill the lice before they spread to others among your family and schoolmates,” said Winkler, owner of the Northern Virginia Lice Clinics clinic.
“Lice are not life-threatening, and they don’t cause any illness, but they are highly contagious and difficult to eliminate with traditional treatments,” Winkler said. “According to the CDC, head-to-head contact with an already infested person is the most common way to get head lice. Head-to-head contact is more common among children than adults as kids play at school, at home, in sports activities, playgrounds, and sleepovers.”
“No parent wants to deal with head lice, but there really isn’t any reason to panic or to be embarrassed,” Winkler said. “Head lice have nothing to do with personal hygiene or home cleanliness.” Winkler recommends the following to make sure lice aren’t living in your child’s hair:
- Inspect your child’s head, especially if your child has an itchy scalp. Look for eggs, nymphs and adult lice. One female adult louse can lay about 100 eggs during her life span. That’s a lot of new lice.
- Call the parents of your child’s friends and have them check for head lice, remembering that early intervention can help to reduce the infestation level.
- If you see lice—or if you are unsure whether you have lice—visit a professional lice treatment center, such as Lice Clinics of America, for a reliable screening.
- Traditional over-the-counter treatments contain pesticides that are no longer effective. Lice have evolved into “super lice” and have developed resistance to those pesticides. Find a treatment that is safe and effective. Lice Clinics of America offers a number of options.
- Be safe this season by starting your child on a lice prevention regimen using trusted lice prevention products such as shampoos, conditioners, sprays and hair bands that will help to keep lice away from your child’s scalp.
With more than 350 clinics in 36 countries, Lice Clinics of America is the world’s number-one service brand for treating head lice. The company’s revolutionary AirAllé® medical device is FDA-cleared and uses heated-air to dehydrate lice and eggs and is guaranteed to kill lice, lice eggs and super lice in a single, one-hour treatment.
“Worldwide, the AirAllé has successfully treated nearly half a million cases of head lice with a success rate better than 99 percent,” Winkler said. “It is fast, safe, and guaranteed to be effective.”
Lice Clinics of America also offers professional lice screenings and a full line of top-rated lice prevention products. All products and treatments are pesticide-free.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, visit https://northernvirginialiceclinics.com, email email@example.com, or call 504-300-1554.